It’s Memorial Day weekend let’s drink up- water that is. This weekend is a much awaited , the first Holiday weekend of summer and the start of summer break for many and it’s gonna be a toasty one- which means for many – throwing down a few at some social activities followed by coming in on Monday to do Murph- so here’s some tips for staying hydrated and performing at your best by taking care of your body!
What’s all the hype about water anyway?
Studies suggest that dehydration is the #1 cause of daytime fatigue. Dehydration is also linked to headaches, grumpiness, loss of focus, bad breath, dry skin and muscle cramps and can affect your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep and much much more.
Tips and Tricks to staying hydrated during your Weekend Festivities:
- Drink a large glass of water before your first drink
- Stick to a 1-1 ratio- 1 drink – 1 glass of water
- Infuse some it with your favorite fruit, lime, lemon, etc.
- Opt for Soda water with lime instead of alcohol- it’s refreshing!
- Minimize your Caffeine and Alcohol intake
- Don’t wait until your thirsty
- Try drinking coconut water like CoCo Libre or adding Electrolyte Tablets like NUUN to your water before bed and the next day!
- Take some fish oil to help with inflammation and eat some healthy foods and veggies to nourish your body
Cheers! Down the hatch with some water and listen to your body on Monday- be safe, be smart and have fun!