What’s all the hype about water?
Studies suggest that dehydration is the #1 cause of daytime fatigue. Dehydration is also linked to headaches, grumpiness, loss of focus, bad breath, dry skin and muscle cramps and can affect your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep and much much more. In fact, experts say that a loss of as little as 2% of body fluid can cause a decline in mental functions and an estimated 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. So, basically most of us could feel so much better if we just drank some more water! It almost sounds like a cure for the american state.
How to know if you are dehydrated:
- This one is obvious but THIRST- by the time your thirsty you might already be a little dehydrated.
- The Color of your pee- see a chart here:
- Sunken eyes
- Excessive sweating
- Decrease urine elimination
Ok, so that’s the bad stuff! But what are the benefits of staying Hydrated:
The benefits of drinking water are many:
- It’s vital for almost every function in the body
- It helps you loose weight
- It keeps your skin healthier
- Improves physcial and Mental performance
- Boosts your mood (we could all use this)
- Prevents headaches
- Prevents against disease
- Water acts as a building block for muscles
- A solvent for chemical reactions
- transport material for nutrients and waste.
- Water also helps maintain blood volume and allows proper circulation, helps regulate our body temperature.
How much water should i drink in a day? A good estimate is ⅔ your body weight in ounces of water.
Tips and Trick to staying hydrated:
- Set a daily water goal
- Don’t leave home without your water bottle!
- Set reminders on your phone
- Infuse it with your favorite fruit, lime, lemon, etc.
- Opt for water
- Increase your vegetables and fruits (they have in them too)
- Minimize your Caffeine and Alcohol intake
- Don’t wait until your thirsty
- Try drinking coconut water or adding Electrolyte Tablets like NUUN to your water!
Now you know the reasons why – what will you do? In order to gain an extra bonus point- email us back with your daily water goal and two action steps you will take to meet it! Cheers!