Holy Sh*t, Thanksgiving is this Thursday. As many of us fantasize about the Thanksgiving Day meals and leftovers we will be stuffing our faces with, a few of the meals that get forgotten are the meals we need we eat during our travels.
Wednesday is one of the most traveled days of the year. Long Road Trips and Airplane Flights anxiety and the f**k it mentality can lead us to make poor decisions on the Eve of a Glorious “Cheat” day. So in an effort to help delay the Nutritional landslide, here are 9 tips to help you through your travels.
- A bag of mixed nuts or homemade trail mix.
- A bag of instant soup (like this vegetarian, non-MSG miso soup) that you can add to a cup of hot water.
- Fruit like pears or apples you can toss in your bag to eat later. Take a container full of cut pineapple to aid in calming travel-related digestion woes.
- If you’re trying to lose weight or counting calories, prepare a few snack packs split into 150-calorie portions, so you know exactly what you are eating. These 150-calorie snack ideas are easy to throw together and make great travel companions.
- Homemade energy bars for a quick, filling pick-me-up or grab some Rx bars out of the machine- filling and delicious!
- Your favorite bags of herbal tea to help calm you during the flight.
- Dried fruits like mango, coconut, or pineapple for a quick energy boost.
- Healthy treats like a small bar of dark chocolate or Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter squeeze packs for when sugar cravings hit.
Beef or turkey jerky packs to help you calm hunger pangs. We’re partial to Krave Chili Lime.