Happy New Years Eve Folks! This year has been a big one for Vantage- one of them being our new space and logo/name!
Our new logo and name comes from a deep belief for us… we believe in MOVEMENT! We believe that MOVEMENT IS LIFE. So, what does that mean? It means that we believe without forward movement (aka progress) it leads to an unfulfilled life. This applies to your fitness as well as it does any other area of your life, your relationships, your finances, etc etc.
I know what your thinking.. Another New Years Eve post about resolutions, making change blah blah, well no, not really – that will come some other time. But instead we think the first step to any change, is a reflection on where you are..that’s what we are talking about today.
Why Reflect? Well, if you don’t know where you are- how do you know where you want to go? It’s like going on a Road trip to ____ destination without a map (wait what’s a map?) – or you know google maps, or any other GPS device/app or piece to technology that tells you where go what to do/when and how… without it it might make for a interesting trip and definitely a less efficient one.
One fun thing we love to do yearly and plan to do quarterly this year is reflect- reflect on the past year or few months and assess. What’s been great, what not, what’s moving in the right direction, what needs some new direction.
A beautiful gift we have been given as humans is our conscious mind, and our conscious mind allows up to reflect, assessment, make progress/changes and implement accompanying rituals or habits for any area of life. Shouldn’t take advantage of that gift…as that is what sets us apart from every other creature on the planet.
Not sure where to start- let us help! Here’s a quick list of questions you could discuss, or write about over a drink with friends tonight or a cup of coffee on new year’s day or well, any day or time- it doesnt need to be New years to start!
- What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
- What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
- What was an unexpected joy this past year?
- What was an unexpected obstacle this past year?
- With whom were your most valuable relationships?
- What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
- In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
- In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
- In what way(s) did you grow physically?
- In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships
- with others?
- What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
- What was biggest thing you learned
- this past year?
- Create a phrase or statement that describes this past year for you.